Sungmin Not Joining Super Junior For Comeback

176 Articles
Sungmin not joining Super Junior for comeback
Facebook CSS

Sungmin not joining Super Junior for comeback

Sungmin will not be joining Super Junior's long-awaited comeback.

SEE ALSO: CNBLUE's Yonghwa says he wants to build a concert hall for bands in Korea

It was previously announced Sungmin would be absent for the upcoming'SMTOWN Live World Tour VI' concerts in Korea and Japan due to fan objections, and Label SJof SM Entertainmenthas now confirmed he will not be a part of Super Junior's comeback promotions either.

On July 6, Label SJ released an official statement saying, "Label SJ will respect Sungmin's decision to not take part IN Super Junior's upcoming album. Super Junior are a group created with member flexibility in mind, and they've received a lot of love due to their new and different units of groups. Currently, Super Junior are preparing with the goal to release their comeback album this October, and the company is doing its best for Super Junior to have more developed promotions than previously. Though Sungmin won't be joining the album promotions, Label SJ will support him in all other ways."

Netizens heavily oppose Sungmin being a part of Super Junior's comeback later this year
Facebook CSS

Netizens heavily oppose Sungmin being a part of Super Junior's comeback later this year

Shortly after news announcing that Super Junior would be making a comeback for the first time in approximately 2 years this October, opposition toward the group's comeback as 8-members is one the rise.

SEE ALSO: Kim Chung Ha says BoA and Lee Hyori are her role models

It's been revealed that Super Junior will be making a comeback with the following members later this year - Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung, Siwon, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Shindong, and Sungmin. (Siwon, Eunhyuk, and Donghae will be returning from their military service soon, while Ryeowook and Kyuhyun enlisted last year and this year, respectively. Kangin is currently on hiatus after his 2nd DUI case back in May of 2016.)

Super Junior's Comeback Will Include Sungmin And Exclude Kangin
Facebook CSS

Super Junior's Comeback Will Include Sungmin And Exclude Kangin

Super Junior will make their comeback this year with eight members and Kangin will not take part in it. Kangin is currently taking a hiatus and he cannot join other members for this year's comeback.

The eight members who will have their comeback as Super Junior are Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Shindong, and Sungmin. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun are currently serving in military service and they cannot join this comeback with other members.

Kangin took the hiatus since the hit and run case in May 2016 when many elfs really wanted him to leave the group. It was the second time Kangin made the same mistake caused by driving while drunk. His fans were really disappointed in him and they even posted a petition for Kangin to leave the group, Asian Junkiereported.

Sungmin To Not Partake In Super Junior's Comeback Activities
Facebook CSS

Sungmin To Not Partake In Super Junior's Comeback Activities

Earlier in June, when Super Junior had made announcements of their comeback, fans of Super Junior's official fan cafe had made a decision to boycott member Sungmin from the group and future activities.

Now it seems the protest has come true with news buzzing around that Sungminand the agency have both decided he will not be partaking in Super Junior's current comeback as well as some other future activities.

It was revealed on July 6th that Sungmin would not be present at Super Junior's 'SMTOWN Live World Tour VI' concerts due to fan objections and protest. He will not be involved in any Korean or Japanese activities and will also be absent from the group's comeback in October. SM Entertainment as well as Label SJ, a company within SM that handles Super Junior, released the following statements on the issue.

Super Junior Opens Official Group Instagram Ahead Of 2017 Comeback
Facebook CSS

Super Junior Opens Official Group Instagram Ahead Of 2017 Comeback

Super Junior is getting geared up for their comeback this year by starting a group Instagram account!

On May 22, SM Entertainment announced the launch of Super Juniors new Instagram account, which already features both group and solo shots of the guys.

Soompi.Display.News.English.300x250.BTF Soompi.Mobile.English.300x250.ATF

Their first uploaded post was a group photo from their recent meetup (which included even members Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Choi Siwon, who were all on leave from the army) with the message in the hashtags Super Junior full group, wait just a bit more.