Super Juniors Sungmin And Kangin To Be Absent From Upcoming Smtown Concerts

176 Articles
Super Junior's Sungmin and Kangin to be absent from upcoming 'SMTOWN' concerts
Facebook CSS

Super Junior's Sungmin and Kangin to be absent from upcoming 'SMTOWN' concerts

Super Junior's Sungmin will be absent from SM Entertainment's upcoming concerts for 'SMTOWN Live World Tour VI' due to fan objections.

It seems fans have really turned their backs on Sungmin as some of Super Junior's largest ELF communities have announced their boycott of the star. Netizens first expressed their opposition of Sungmin joining Super Junior's comeback later this year, a fan site demanded his leave from the group, and a social media like by his wife further fueled the fire.

Super Juniors Sungmin Unable To Join SMTOWN Concert Due To Fan Boycott
Facebook CSS

Super Juniors Sungmin Unable To Join SMTOWN Concert Due To Fan Boycott

Last month, one of Super Juniors most influential fan communities announced that they would be boycotting all of Sungmins activities as a celebrity.

On July 6, a representative from Super Juniors agency SJ Label stated, Sungmin, who recently had an issue with his fans, will not be joining the SMTOWN concerts held in Korea and Japan. Kangin, who is currently self-reflecting on his drunk driving case, will not be attending either. The rest of the members [who arent enlisted in the military] will be performing at the concert.

Super Juniors Sungmin Apologizes To Fans And Says Hell Withdraw From Upcoming Album
Facebook CSS

Super Juniors Sungmin Apologizes To Fans And Says Hell Withdraw From Upcoming Album

Earlier, Super Juniors agency SJ Label announced that Sungmin would not be joining the SMTOWN concerts due to the recent fan boycott. In light of this, Sungmin has posted an apologetic message to his fans through his social media account.

On July 6, he wrote, Hello, this is Sungmin. Im writing to you all for the first time in a while for various reasons. First of all, I want to apologize for troubling so many fans. There has been a lot of negative talk surrounding me lately, but it was something I couldnt act alone on, so Im very sorry for the late response.

Super Junior's Comeback Will Include Sungmin And Exclude Kangin
Facebook CSS

Super Junior's Comeback Will Include Sungmin And Exclude Kangin

Super Junior will make their comeback this year with eight members and Kangin will not take part in it. Kangin is currently taking a hiatus and he cannot join other members for this year's comeback.

The eight members who will have their comeback as Super Junior are Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Shindong, and Sungmin. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun are currently serving in military service and they cannot join this comeback with other members.

Kangin took the hiatus since the hit and run case in May 2016 when many elfs really wanted him to leave the group. It was the second time Kangin made the same mistake caused by driving while drunk. His fans were really disappointed in him and they even posted a petition for Kangin to leave the group, Asian Junkiereported.

Fans Shockingly Demand Super Junior's Sungmin & Kangin Removal From Group
Facebook CSS

Fans Shockingly Demand Super Junior's Sungmin & Kangin Removal From Group

It has recently been announced that famous boy group Super Junior will be having a comeback, but it is not as anticipated as many would think.

Suddenly, fans are taking action in regards to the groups future - especially in regards to members Sungmin Kangin. On June 10th a fan site by the name of 'Super Junior Gallery' on DC Inside released a petition titled 'Sungmin Out,' The folloing statement was released on the site;

"We as a Super Junior fan community have decided that Sungmin's independent actions and behavior towards the fans over the years will ultimately hurt the group and its image. As such, we believe it would be unfair and unjustified for him to stay active as a Super Junior member. We can no longer support nor encourage the behaviors of this member and will boycott his activities and events. We as fans respect the group's decision, this is simply our request and not by any means forcing anything. Super Junior gallery will continue to support the group in exception of Sungmin andKangin."