18 Of The MaximumOriginal K-Pop LadyTeamIdeas brookenicole July 12, 2016 0 Weve noticed girl teams equally cheerleaders, college girls, and overall horny women about as regularly as weve watched the 2d one male lead lose the lady in a K-drama. So, when girl groups deviate from the ones concepts, it makes for relatively a memorable comeback.
In no specific order, here are eighteen of these unique and noteworthy concepts.
1. Each later onCollege Comeback EverThe sole mannerto get started outa listing like here isinitially After School, the arguable queens of inventive concepts. When After School sets their brain on a concept, they passall of the means and beyond. Weve visible them excel endless times over the years, and theyre at all times raising the bar.
After School practiced gambling the drums for months to convey the immediatevintage Bang! in 2010.
Then, they tap danced into our hearts the very next year with We could Step Up.
Lets now notfail to remember their 2013 comeback First Love, where the girls suffered thruheaps of bruises and injuries learning how to pole-dance to give us a comeback thought even so unrivaled through any other group out there.
2. An 80s Girl BandK-pop legends Wonder Girls re-entered the K-pop scene remaining year with I believe You, an 80s encouraged comeback whole alongside matching visuals and instrument-wielding members. Even the music video felt find it irresistibleused to beimmediately out of the 80s.
Most recently, Wonder Girls delved a decade back in time to give us 70s inspired Why So Lonely. The women takediscovered their niche, and theyre in a position to deliver.
3. Zodiac Signs Through DanceWhen you idea Oh My Girl changed into onlyany otheradorable girl group, then you undoubtedlywantto have a look at their choreography for Closer. The pinnacle view of the lady group acting the song presentations the ladies mirroring zodiac signs in highly technical (and beautiful) choreography.
4. A Tomboy Girl GroupIn a K-pop globalcomplete of cutesy girl groups, GI was like a breath of clean air. They bypassed short skirts and candy smiles for fierce glares and dark jeans, and Beatles was an instant testomony to their unique potential.
Although the crowd now strays clear of their original concept, this debut will still stand as one of the vital most iconic (albeit overlooked) ones out there.
5. Rebels in a Futuristic World2NE1 is a long way from predictable. Come againHouse highlights their signature originality once again. In the tune video, the women take to the streets to break the virtual world that Daras lover prefers over her. YG Entertainments Yang Hyun Suk himself even explained that the video parallels how other peopleat the moment would rather remain on their cellphones than have a realcommunication with the folks around them.
We actually run into the relation between 2NE1s principle and genuine life, which is precisely why this comeback is so memorable.
6. Spot The variationIts no wonder that an After School subgroup would be just as creative with their concepts. Orange Caramel brought the classic spot the difference game to K-pop when they got here back with My Copycat in 2014. It even added a Wheres Waldo? form of game toward the end, where you'lltry andto find the Orange Caramel individualsin conjunction withcomic Jo Se Ho in massive crowds of people.
7. Adorable Helmet Heads in Track FitsYou in point of fact couldnt break out Crayon Pop in 2013. Bar Bar Bar was everywhere — in diversity shows, dramas, or evenall the manner through YouTube with dance covers. If you didnt own a helmet before, you definitely went and purchased one after hearing it.
The white helmets in addition to their uniquely vigorous choreography catapulted the song to the end of music charts, and even had Billboard compare it to PSYs Gangnam Style.
8. The Horizontal Bar DanceProps are great techniques to liven a functionality and straight away brand a comeback memorable. The horizontal bar does just that duringleave out As Hush from 2013.
The girls dont make the bar their crutch for the performance and commonlybecome autonomous from from it, yet its a truly perfectspotlight that makes the song unforgettable.
9. Orange Caramel as SushiOrange Caramel is back at the list, this time for their portrayal of seafood in Catellena. Who thought seeing a lady group become into quite so much offorms of seafood would be so entertaining?
Its a classic Orange Caramel concept, and it is going to existdemanding to consider any other group seeking to pull it off.
10. AOA-Like CatwomenAOA took their song name Like A Cat quite literally when they worked in classic cat gestures for the songs choreography. Not simplest does the quirky dance make the comeback that a lot more mesmerizing, but the music video even provides the girls a chance to play a collection of artful catwomen.
11. Bad Girls in Bucket HatsNo person volition ever forget 4MINUTEs iconic Loopy comeback. Perhaps its the black bucket hats, the facility of a Parris Goebel choreographed routine, or the reality that Billboard named it the most productive K-pop girl group song released in 2015.
Whatever it is, its a unprecedented and original comeback that might continue to uphold 4MINUTEs legacy in the K-pop world.
12. Red Mild Revolutionariesf(x) constantly strays far from overused concepts in favor of bringing anything new to the table, which we obviously visit in their Red Faded comeback. The teasers for the comeback featured the members with makeup on partin their faces, whilst the music video showcased them in army outfits for a march-inspired dance.
13. Pilot GeniesStill not sure why pilot uniforms were the primary outfit selection for a song about granting wishes. But hey, a minimum of IT gave us an interesting look for women Generations classic Tell Me Your Wish (Genie). Plus, who may just forget the standout leg twist dance at some point of the chorus?
14. Pippi Longstocking on an Meeting LineRed Velvet doesnt have compatibility into any one box with their symbol or sound, but we might be able to always be expecting them to dazzle us when they take on something as bright and original as Dumb Dumb. Featuring the girls in colorful outfits and wacky Pippi Longstocking-inspired ponytails, this comeback was a utterly unique one appropriate from their initial teaser images.
15. The Korean Kill InvoiceIf there were ever a time where you wondered what a K-pop and Hollywood crossover would be like, Brown Eyed Girls perfectly embodies it in the music video for their 2013 unmarried Kill Bill.
The music video plays like a condensed edition of the Quentin Tarantino movie of the similar name. Plus, the song itself has a super catchy, old western sound to it.
16. Goddesses At the back of CurtainsSISTAR gives us a new jam each summer. This year, they step away from their same old bright and fun-loving concepts to a more mature, chic one. I love That pairs the ladies with an advanced curtain dance along side flowy long skirts, making the song some other summer standout.
17. A Mystic GalaxyGalaxy marks Ladies Codes first comeback as a trio because the tragic loss of members EunB and Upward thrust in 2014. The song is a sultry and airy revamp of their former sound, and it blends elegance with mystery incredibly well. Their next mini album Myst3ry also gives us a refreshing sound that many girl groups haven't begun to tackle.
18. Slow Squats in WorkoutEquipmentAfter a long break, Courageous Girls in spite of everything reappeared in the K-pop scene previous this year with Deepened. Not just do the girls game some fairlystylish workout garments for the song, but they also motivate us to get our activity game up when they turn slow squatting into a dance.
Whats your favourite girl group concept? Let us know in the comments below!brookenicole is a creative writer with a big love for K-pop and a bigger love for playlist creation. You will see that her on Twitter here.
Related Tags 2NE1After SchoolBrave GirlsBrown Eyed GirlsCrayon Popf(x)GIGirls' GenerationLadies' Codemiss AOh My GirlOrange CaramelRed VelvetWonder GirlsPost Navigation Previous TaleDoctors Maintains Passion And Fame With Cliffhanger
You are viewing the most recent post